Wednesday 5 June 2013

A life less ordinary


Our little piece of Australia! An acre corner block in Bedfordale, WA. which we bought 2.5 years ago. Our block is surrounded by trees, kookaburras and kangaroos.......


My husband and I have lived in the small mining town of Newman, WA for the better part of our lives. It has been amazing growing up here and we have made some lifelong friends. Living here has afforded us so many amazing travel adventures and for the first 6 years of our twenties, we worked to save for the next big one. We would return from one holiday only to start planning the next one (and so on). This was before the days of smart phones and social media so we literally carried guidebooks and maps around with us. (A friend recently went to the US and I loaned her our NYC subway map. “Ahh, I’ve just downloaded this on an app”) Any who my point with the whole travel story, it was on returning from our last big round the world trip almost 3 years ago that we thought there is so much more to life than living in a small town doing the same thing every weekend. Now don’t get me wrong, we still love it here. Its such an easy life, but we were wanting something ‘more’ (if that’s how you would describe it).

During my months of researching builders, tiles, floorboards, bathrooms, taps, lighting, stone bench colours, paint swatches and so on, I have toyed with the idea of creating a blog as I've found so much amazing information from so many others. So, I've jumped in and registered this domain so I cant change my mind again.

No comments:

Post a Comment